9.08.2012

My GCP - College Football - Week 2

This is going to be short and sweet based on what time it is right now and how mad I am about the Utah game even 4 1/2 hours after it ended.

My Gut - where horrible instincts plant their flag:

Nebraska (-5) at UCLA - Don't see these teams at even and I believe UCLA got a lot of extra credit for beating a Rice team the way they should be expected to just because they played on a Thursday night and there wasn't a whole lot else to get excited about besides Connor Shaw backwoods resemblance to Patrick Sparks. Nebraska 44, UCLA 31

Akron at Florida International (-23.5) - I'm making Akron the anti-Stanford of the 2011 betting season - I'm going to bet AGAINST them to cover until they can prove me wrong. I've honestly never watched them play but I've looked at enough power rankings to know that the consensus is they are horrible. Plus FIU is going to be hungry at home after losing to Duke. FIU 49, Akron 13

Georgia (-1.5) at Missouri - I know it's not fun to take a road favorite in the SEC, especially when it's the first ever home game in the SEC for the opposing school. But if Georgia truly is a top-tier talent and Mark Richt is anything near a top-tier coach sitting on a cool seat, then Georgia has to remember that they once knew how to win on the road in the SEC. Georgia 27, Missouri, 23

WKU (+38) at Alabama - Alabama is the best team in the NCAA. WKU is my alma mater. Andrew Jackson knows "they 'spoze to be SEC". Ugly, ugly game. Even uglier late cover. Alabama 44, WKU 7


My Computer - where it tells me I should be looking:

Oklahoma State (-10.5) at Arizona - Computer says Oklahoma State should be -18. LOSS

Central Michigan at Michigan State (-20)Computer says Michigan State should be -27 WIN

Duke at Stanford (-15.5) - Once again, beware the computer's memory of Stanford. Computer says Stanford should be -22 WIN

Penn State (+9.5) at Virginia - Who the hell knows what will show up on the road. Maybe getting away from Happy Valley is the best thing imaginable at this point. Computer says Penn State should only be +3 WIN

Louisiana-Lafayette (+3) at Troy - File this under that same folder as that awesome Toledo pick last week Computer says Louisiana-Lafayette should actually be FAVORED by 2.5 WIN

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (-4) - This already happened but it proves the computer knows what it's doing. Computer said Cincinnati should actually be -9.5. They won by more than 20. WIN

COMPUTER RESULTS:
WEEK 2 ATS:   5-1
SEASON ATS:  9-3

My Picks - where rationale falls off between the two above:

3 units - Nebraska (-5) - my mind's telling me no . . .but my body


2 units - Oklahoma State (-10.5) - Rich-Rod's just not there yet with that Arizona team


2 units - Louisiana-Lafayette (+3) 

2 units - Louisiana-Lafayette ML (+125) - what the hell


1 unit - **Kentucky (-7) - because I need to know if it's really over and that UL game left me with just enough hope that we're getting back together (**NEVER FOLLOW MY ADVICE ON UK)

1 unit - Florida International (-23.5)

Mortgage Payment Risk: Low
Last week was rough and the NFL starts on Sunday. Not a lot of promise sitting out there so there's no sense in creating value that doesn't exist (I'm trying to learn this game). May be one of those days where you simply focus on getting back to comfortable and let a cheap parlay or teaser play out your excitement for the day.

A Nooner with some Cheap Teasers - Then you have all afternoon to drink them away. . .
Central Florida (+25.5)
Kansas State (pick)
Temple (-2.5)
Auburn (+10)
Connecticut (+10)

Best of luck.

Season Record ATS: 3-3 (3-3 NCAAF, 0-0 NFL), -5.9 Units
Season Record ML: 0-1 (0-1 NCAAF, 0-0 NFL), -2 Units

No comments: