9.11.2012

I'm BACK!!!


We want Picks!  We want Picks!  We want Picks!

                I have to apologize…Sorry to leave you waiting for an entire week for my nuggets of wisdom only to be disappointed by the lack of a post.  I hope your endeavors last weekend were fruitful and you made good choices without my brilliance.  I promise to try to never do it again until the next time I get so lazy I can’t switch between word and Firefox.

                No rant this week.  Between Billy Gillispie losing his damn mind and hiding in Texas from another athletic department that wants to fire him (take note ESPN, you called out UK for firing him, do you finally see that the man is an alcoholic psychopath?), and Duke players taking $100k jewelry loans, I just don’t care about the news this week.

Let’s all just take a moment to say thank you on this day for the heroics displayed 11 years ago by a great number of men and women.  Thank you for serving your country both domestic and abroad.  Let’s pray the police officers, firefighters, and men and women in uniform never have to do it again, and come home safely very soon.

On to a lighter note, the temperature is coming down here in Kentucky which means beautiful Saturdays for drinking in public (only if you’re 21) and screaming at 18-22 year olds to do their job.  College football is back and last weekend we got to see the first real upset of the season.  Arkansas, who was vastly over ranked *cough* scroll down and look at my last post *cough* showed their true colors and lost to Louisiana Monroe.  Not even a directional school.  A school, for the purpose of this post, was named after a state and our 5th president, James Monroe (I don’t feel like looking it up).  The loss was so bad that College Gameday made a last minute decision to go to Knoxville this Saturday for Florida and Tennessee.  That is a pretty bad loss if you’re counting.  Arkansas is coached by John L. Smith who used to coach the ghetto commuter school down I-64, and if you listen to UL fans, John L. Smith likes to lose to nobodies, then become a world beater the next game.  The game will be close, mark my words.


PICK TIME!

Virginia Tech (-10) vs. Pitt

Take Virginia Tech at (-10)…Unload on Virginia Tech

I normally heed the advice of my fellow contributor MBZ and stay away from the ACC, but Pitt is bad.  Really bad.  Look for a close game through half time and Va Tech to take over after Pitt gives up on their 2nd 3rd 4th coach in 2 years (I think).

USC (-7.5) vs. Stanford

Take USC at (-7.5)…Unload everything left

USC has looked like the world beaters we were promised at the beginning of the season.  If Alabama escapes the hell known as Arkansas, USC and Bama could be the game everyone sees in early January.  Stanford really poses no threat.  Andrew Luck isn’t walking through that door.

Tennessee (-3) vs. Florida

Florida hasn’t looked good in either of their games this season.  Tennessee looked pretty good in their first test of the season and I just don’t see Florida going into Knoxville for a night game walking away with anything less than a beat down.


NFL Picks now!

Cardinals @ Patriots (-13.5)  Take Patriots at (-13.5) for an easy win

Saints (-2.5) @ Panthers  Take Saints at (-2.5) and laugh the whole way to the monopoly bank

Texans (-7.5) (+100!) @ Jaguars  Take Texans for that lovely (+100) spread (They win by 20 I say)

That’s it for this week!  Good Luck!


NCAA Record (2-2)

NFL Record (0-0)

No comments: