11.18.2011

Bet the house! (If it is a house of cards)



Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I’ve been really busy lately. I know you are waiting on the edge of your seat for my picks so you can do the opposite and get that new TV you’ve been eyeing. Just kidding. While I can’t get away from the lure of the big money multiplier known as the parlay, I am currently sporting a 3-3 record for the life of this blog. I haven’t cashed anything in for a while, but if I had some cajones to bet straight lines, I’d probably be even, which is a win in my book. On to this week’s games!

Vanderbilt (-1.5) vs. Tennessee
Vanderbilt is fresh off a huge victory over my beloved Cats. That was the only Vandy game I have seen all year, but in my opinion, they look like the real deal. They have some very close losses this year to legitimate Top 25 teams and are facing off against a Tennessee squad that might be the worst in over a decade. Take Vandy and load up because this is Sean’s Lock of the Week.
Prediction: Vandy 35, Tennessee 17

Cal (+17) vs. Stanford
Boy was I wrong last week. Stanford didn’t cover. Stanford didn’t even come close to covering. Stanford looked like crap….Look for Stanford to bounce back in a big way and put Cal where they belong, on a street corner holding a sign complaining about the 1% while their BMW is parked around the corner and daddy pays off their Credit Cards. Luck is a winner. Stanford is a good team and Cal has shown little to no life this season. I think. Like I said, too lazy to look at Past Performances.
Prediction: Stanford 42, Cal 21

Kansas State (+8) vs. Texas
I really have no idea on this game. Which Texas team will show up? Which K State team will show up? Why has the line moved from +9 at the beginning of the week, to +8 now? Oh that’s right, because Texas is overrated and K State is the real deal. Hurry and pick K State at the current line before it drops any more.
Prediction: Kansas State 17, Texas 10

Mississippi State (+13) vs. Arkansas
Arkansas is a good team blah blah blah. Mississippi State sucks. Load up on Arkansas…BIG. This is Sean’s Jr Lock of the Week.
Prediction: Arkansas 45, Mississippi State 17

And there you have it. With these picks, I plan on going 4-0 this week. Come back next week when I have a 5-5 record and still don’t win anything because of the stupid parlay. Good Luck!
Record NCAAF: 3-3
Record NFL: 0-0 (I’ll try to remember to pick some this week)

No comments: