11.06.2011

Waiting All Day for Sunday Night

Well it comes down to this in order to be a successful day. I thought the Rams had secured a perfect 4:00 games selection for me but was wrecked in overtime. Have to turn the page.

Ravens (+3.5) at Steelers: Tonight's game is one of those where you have to decide if you're on the side of history or your gut. In the Steelers-Ravens first meeting this season, I went with the history and the fact that all of these games had been close and backed the underdog in the first game (Steelers). The Ravens then proceeded to score and score and score and score. Then they went out and lost to the Titans the next weekend. So my question is, what is the false result? Is it the Ravens losing to the Titans, Jaguars and struggling against the Cardinals? Or is it them whooping the Steelers and Jets?

I've decided it is actually neither and they instead fall somewhere in between, but leaning more toward the bad version of themselves. As I predicted before the season started, this defense has to get old at some point and not be able to make up for their own aggressiveness when going for the big play on defense. On top of that, I believe Joe Flacco may be regressing at least in the confidence department.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh looks like a different team than the one that played the Ravens in Week 1. With some starters out this week, there is a definite disadvantage in terms of health, but this will be a team out for vengeance. I'm not going to go out and say it will be a blowout, but I believe the Steelers will control this one from start to finish with Baltimore making it interesting late, meaning I'll be buying the half-point just in case.

Steelers 27, Ravens 22

Season Record ATS: 4-2 (NFL - 4-2)

No comments: