11.23.2011

Turkey Picks 2011


Well, that was a fun weekend of college football. Of course I wouldn’t know because I had to work until 11pm. I got to see maybe 30 total minutes of football that night. But I’m not mad….I’m pissed. Number 2, 4, 5 and 7 all go down in the same weekend? That never happens! One of the best things to come out of this is an all SEC top 3. The other great thing is a BCS that is in a total mess. Now, what happens if Arkansas pulls out a miracle and beats LSU on Saturday? What do the great minds and computers of the BCS selection committee do then? You can’t put Alabama at the top, they got beat by LSU. You can’t put Arkansas at the top, they got whipped by Alabama. LSU of course cannot remain there. And there aren’t any other teams you can seriously look at and say that they are better than Alabama or LSU. So what do you do? All I know, this has been a great college season so far, and this weekend could be the icing that topples the BCS cake and pushes towards a playoff in college football. It probably won’t happen though. As Penn State has demonstrated, money makes all the decisions.

On to the picks. Go read my last post. Are you done? Good. See where I said to come back this week and I would be 5-5? Guess what? In college football since this blog started, I am 5-5 against the spread. Vandy and Stanford really hurt . But look again at the Arkansas and K State prediction. See how close I was? If only I took my own advice and quit with the parlays. Let's pick some NFL games this week. Shall we?

Packers (-6) vs. Lions Thursday
What is there left to say about the packers that hasn’t been beaten to death already? Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the country. The receiver’s are some of the best in the NFL. The defense, while suspect t times, gets the job done. The Lions did show me something last week. They are built to come back…And come back in a big way. Now I know you all are saying, “It was against the Panthers, they suck”. Yes, they are a very bad NFL team. But, whoever you are, coming back from being down 24-7 is difficult. Seems like Cam was on the other side of that comeback last year.

Prediction: Packers 35, Lions 28

Arkansas (+11.5) vs. LSU

Arkansas will win this game. There I said it. Wanna fight about it? Arkansas’ offense is very good. LSU’s defense is very good. Arkansas’ defense is good enough. LSU’s offense is not. This game will probably cause one of the BCS computers to short circuit.

Prediction: Arkansas 24, LSU 17

I’m tired and tomorrow is Turkey day, so those are the only picks you get this week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Season Record ATS: 5-5 (College 5-5, NFL 0-0)

No comments: