11.16.2011

Call Me Crazy

As I continue to go for my perfect 3-0 record, I thought I had found the lock of the week in the Nebraska at Michigan game. In fact, as of yesterday I was shooting emails back and forth with my "bookie" about Neb at +3.5 being the LOCK OF THE WEEK. How much things can change in 24 hours. I'm calling it right now, Michigan wins by 6.

Taking a step back I looked at a couple of things, first, the overall record. Stay with me here, Mich, Mich St., and Neb all are tied with an overall record of 8-2, Mich & Neb are tied with an in conference record of 4-2, both teams chasing after Mich St. with a conference record of 5-1. Assuming Mich St can win out against Indiana and Northwestern they will wrap up the Legends side of the Big 10. However, if they lose 1 of those games, Neb holds the tie breaker with a win over Mich St. and they would win the Legends side. So, how does all of this tie into Mich winning on Saturday? Easy, this is really it for Michigan, it's win or go home. If they lose on Saturday there is no possible way they come out on top of the Legends side. All that being said, even if Mich wins on Saturday, Mich St. still has to lose out in order for Mich to take the legends side because State holds the tie breaker game with the win over Mich. That will not happen.

Second, Saturday is calling for rain in The Big House, so Mich is going to be inclined to keep the ball on the ground. Lets face it, Denard Robinson isn't that great of a passing QB so the more attempts you take away the better. Mich is going to hit the ground hard against a Nebraska D that allows over 150 yards a game.

Look for this to be the rainy, cold, big 10 game we all love. We all know the home team usually gets 3 so this game is really a pick. I look for the home field advantage to be enough to lift Mich to the win. Wait for in to drop to -2.5, I don't see it getting higher than -3.5 so you should be ok to wait.

Prediction: Michigan 17, Nebraska 10



Overall Record 2-0

No comments: