2.10.2009

(Every Other) Tuesday Tunes

There has been an episode of Storytellers airing lately featuring The Black Crowes, and each time I find myself watching the entire show. Something about the ways those Robinson brothers come together, truly a treat. But their latest album, Warpaint, offers the same soul that has put The Black Crowes on the map for the past few decades.

The Black Crowes - Walk Believer Walk

___________________________________________


I've been playing out the album Lucky by Nada Surf lately. A band that I had often overlooked in the past years, but I am quick to rectify my bad. I consider this one of those "middle of the road" albums, where you don't receive too little but you don't receive too much either (when speaking in terms of consistent sounds). But also an album that I can play from start to finish....those don't come around too often.

Nada Surf - Are You Lightning?

___________________________________________


Since the opening days of this blog, I've been meaning to bring a little justice to Ben Folds. I will admit that the latest efforts of the ivory-tickling entertainer did not quite meet the extraordinary expectations set forth by previous attempts, but from time to time one must reflect on the past to appreciate the present.

Ben Folds - Not The Same

No comments: