12.08.2008

Where it all began

My musical taste has always derived from an acoustic driven melody. I don't imagine that there is a better sound that can be produced from an instrument other than that of an acoustic guitar. This preference can solely be attributed to the upbringing from my father, Curtis. Some of my first memories are of dad picking a guitar, memories that eventually lead me to pick up the strings. Sometime in the early 2000's Curtis and I started attending the Acoustic Master's Series at the Lincoln Jamboree in Hodgenville, Ky. Eventually the show moved it's way to my hometown of Elizabethtown, Ky where I was introduced to such guitarists as Tommy Emmanuel and Stephen Bennett. As the series starts up again this year, I thought that I would post a few videos of the two men that have so influenced me and my acoustic roots.

Stephen Bennett - I Knew It Was You


Tommy Emmanuel - The Man With The Green Thumb

3 comments:

Aaron Hawkins said...

Yes, Tommy E. is quite the player. When's he coming back to the PAC?

Roger said...

You better get ready....February 5, 6, & 7.

MBZ said...

WE HAVE A COMMENTER!!!! YEAH!!! WE'RE POPULAR!!!!