12.02.2008

Tuesday's Tunes

In preparation to attending the concert, the song Skinny Love has been a constant on my iTunes as of late. The story of Bon Iver and the production of the debut album For Emma, Forever Ago has drawn me in. Bon Iver Justin Vernon comprised the majority of the album from his father's Wisconsin cabin after he moved there to simply get away from it all. What came from those few months was one of the year's best albums.

Bon Iver - Skinny Love



I have told you that I really like Ray Lamontagne. This track came to be known as the Untitled Song or To Be. But recently I have found that the name is actually Take Me By Surprise by searching a few web forums dedicated to Ray. The song has never been recorded in the studio, and from what I can find this is the only recorded version of the song. It's definitely grown to be one of my favorite Lamontagne pieces.

Ray Lamontagne - Take Me By Surprise



This weekend as I sat on the couch with a much gluttonous feeling, my family and I watched the movie Elf. From watching and hearing the voice of Zooey Deschanel, I had to dive into the sounds of her band She & him. Deschanel and M. Ward have recently come together to create the compilation album Volume One, where the track Why Do You Let Me Stay Here is catching some serious play.

She & him - Why Do you Let Me Stay Here

1 comment:

Aaron Hawkins said...

I'm so glad you mentioned She and Him. I am becoming addicted to Zooey Deschanel's voice. That song is amazing and the entire album is good.