12.11.2008

Tuesday's Tunes on Thursday

Neil Young is one of those classic musician's that has been able to keep a stable fan base throughout the tenure of his career. From the early workings of CSNY to Live Rust to current Farm Aid benefits. In January 2009, Young is set to release the much anticipated box set that spans his entire career. Although the collection comes with a hefty price tag (around $400), this is definitely one that fans of the Old Man must explore.

Neil Young - Down By The River


Pete Greenwood was a recommendation from a friend in Denver and I must say that I haven't been disappointed. The title track from Greenwood's debut album, Sirens, has been creating a minor buzz in the independent music scene. Imagine a combination of Amos Lee and Pete Yorn when listening or decide for yourself. Thanks Floyd!

Pete Greenwood - Sirens


I must admit that I still have yet to look deep into the music of the band Voice On Tape. Several of the songs that I have been able to find do not necessarily fit in my prescribed repertoire of "must listen" music, but the track Marry You While Yr Sleeping surely has me interested in giving them a few more chances. The quality of this track isn't super, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Voice On Tape - Marry You When Yr Sleeping

No comments: